Feb 5, 2010

A Great Comedy Album

As a stand up comedian, I've become pretty bored with most stand ups. Most do everything they can to avoid talking about issues, and more importantly, themselves. The really good ones manage to show you exactly who they are through their act. They don't shy away from their flaws and manage to make them funny. I think Louis CK is currently the best at doing exactly that.

Yesterday I listened Death of the Party; the new comedy album from Kyle Kinane. It's a great fucking album. He's a great stand up. I don't think I've ever recommended a comedy album on this site, so I'm going to make this the first. It really is stand up the way it is supposed to be. He doesn't shy away from who he is, he embraces it and makes it funny.

Go buy the fucking thing. It's on iTunes or if you think Apple is a fucked up company, like me, you can buy it from Amazon.

Here's his website.

Follow him on Twitter.

2 comments:

kmh said...

Louis CK is awesome. Unfortunately I don't get to see him that often. Not too many appreciate him. Anyway, I will check out the other comedy album. Thanks for the heads up. Checked out your blog through Driftglass. Take care.

Protoclown said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I watched about a dozen of his clips on Youtube and thought he was pretty damn funny.