Nov 4, 2009

The Miracle Stimulus

The stimulus is doing an amazing job. AMAZING. Check out these numbers:

President Barack Obama’s economic recovery program saved 935 jobs at the Southwest Georgia Community Action Council, an impressive success story for the stimulus plan.

BAM! Suck it recession/depression! You've been owned, bitch.

Trouble is, only 508 people work there.

Why you got to go all negative and shit?

About two-thirds of the 14,506 jobs claimed to be saved under one federal office, the Administration for Children and Families at Health and Human Services, actually weren’t saved at all, according to a review of the latest data by The Associated Press. Instead, that figure includes more than 9,300 existing employees in hundreds of local agencies who received pay raises and benefits and whose jobs weren’t saved.

Yay?

But officials defended the practice of counting raises as saved jobs.

“If I give you a raise, it is going to save a portion of your job,” HHS spokesman Luis Rosero said.

Um. No. It's actually just going to give me more money. But I do look forward to the "portion of jobs saved" list.

2 comments:

Dave Anthony said...

Yes, that would be exactly right.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell up from down with all of this stuff. I feel really stupid for not being able to get any of this type of eco-talk into my head. Probably why I have no feckin' money. Anyway. I'm a left-wing liberal but I really am feeling let down by the administration, there isn't anything tangible happening, he's not doing something for the Lowest Common Denominator (i.e. people like me who are not plugging into the finer points of the crisis because we're too feckin' busy watching 'Lost' on Netflix Online...) Dude needs to cut a bitch, make some big gesture that'll scare something into happening. No? This was a ramble, thanks.