Jun 19, 2009

Health Cops Are A Knockin'

The future of healthcare in this country involves health cops pounding on your door because you didn't have an annual rectal. That's according to RNC captain Michael Steele.
STEELE: Well you’ll get issued, Doc, you’re gonna issue, to your patients, a health care card that’s gonna be part of a national ID system that, you know, every time I charge something or use that card, it’s going to show up on a grid what I’ve done and what I have failed to do, according to the government plan. So the government will know whether or not I’ve had my physical at the appropriate time and then probably some health police will come knocking on my door telling me I’m now costing the system money because I haven’t, you know, gone and done my preventive care.
Valid point. I don't see how anyone could possibly poke a hole in it.

1 comment:

Jezcabelle said...

Wait - It's an ID card w/ money on it that also has access to my health records!!!!! - THAT is pretty fucking amazing...

Conversely I have a list of patients I would love to send the health police after to make them get the therapy the doc ordered & make them take their meds & make them go to followup appts. But that is just me & every other healthcare worker in the country.