Jul 7, 2009

Some Things Are Still Wrong

No matter how many times I hear kids are being sold into suicide bombery, I still think it's wrong.
A top Taliban leader in Pakistan is buying and selling children for suicide bombings, Pakistani and U.S. officials said.

Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud has been selling the children, once trained, to other Taliban officials for $6,000 to $12,000, Pakistani military officials said.

Some of the children are as young as 11, the officials said.

"He has been been admitting he holds a training center for young boys, for preparing them for suicide bombing. So he is on record saying all this, accepting these crimes," said Major General Akhtar Abbas, spokesman for the Pakistani army.

The young suicide bombers may be able to reach targets unnoticed, the military said.

"If he is approaching on foot, there is a possibility he will bypass security," Abbas said.

I know most of you think this is fine, but I have to disagree. It's wrong. So, let's stop donating to "Kids For Suicide Bombings."

Although, if my kid keeps up this crying...yeah, you know what I'm talking about! (That remark was brought to you by 1983 stand up comedy).

No comments: