Jan 28, 2009

Obama Tries To Play Nice With Demons

This is just stupid.
In an apparent effort to appease House Republicans, President Barack Obama has stripped funding for birth control from the $825 billion stimulus package.
Thank God. If American needs anything, it's more children born into poverty.

I wonder how that concession to Republicans worked out?
While GOP lawmakers said they appreciated Obama's visit, their leaders urged a "no" vote because of the bill's price tag. "All it does is burden our kids and their kids with more debt," said House Republican leader John Boehner of Ohio, citing a non-partisan Congressional Budget Office estimate that the plan would add $347 billion in interest on the national debt over 10 years.

Rep. Mike Castle, R-Del., said there could be as many as 10 to 15 Republicans supporting the package, but added, "If I had to bet, I would bet zero."

We call that a "fail" where I come from (I come from the Internet).

No comments: