Dec 12, 2008

Ocsars Figure Out A Way To Make Show Seem Longer

I do love the idea of the rich parading around and celebrating each other every year, but The Oscars seem to have gone off the rails a bit. How long is the show now? 17 hours? Or does it just seem that way? I haven't watched the show in years. I loathe it. I loathe what it represents.

But I may watch it this year. Mostly because I love a train wreck.
Hugh Jackman will host the 81st annual Oscars, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences confirmed Friday.

Telecast producers Laurence Mark and Bill Condon called the Australian actor "a consummate entertainer and an internationally renowned movie star."

Obviously. I mean, Australia is kicking ass at the box office. Jackman is what is known as "boring." But, apparently he can "dance and sing." So, he's like the Australian Tony Danza. Wonderful.

Man, what could be better than an Oscars without any comedy? Wow, is this going to be long.

No comments: