Nov 12, 2008

More On The Mormon Horde

So, the Mormons really want to make nice now. Many people are saying the church didn't give money, so we shouldn't be going after the church itself. Really? Here's a letter from Margie Christofferrsen, manager and niece of the couple who opened El Coyote Restaurant.
Subject: margie from el coyote

I HAVE BEEN SICK AT HEART THAT ANYONE HAS BEEN OFFENDED BY ME.

I HAVE FAMILY, FRIENDS, EMPLOYEES FROM THE GAY COMMUNITY WHO ARE TREASURED PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE MORMON CHURCH ALL MY LIFE. I RESPONDED TO THEIR REQUEST WITH MY PERSONAL DONATION.

FOR YEARS THE EL COYOTE HAS FINACIALLY AND GENEROUSLY SUPPORTED THE GAY COMMUNITY AND MANY OF ITS CHARITIES.

PLEASE BE OUR GUEST FOR AN EARLY LUNCH WED., NOV. 12TH AT 11:00 AM AT THE COYOTE AND ALLOW ME TO SPEAK WITH YOU PERSONALLY.

PLEASE CALL AND MAKE A RESERVATION AS SEATING IS LIMITED. (323) 939-2255.

MARGIE CHRISTOFFERSEN
So, the church asked members to give. What's the difference between actually giving and telling members to donate? Time to boycott all things Mormon, like that weird underwear, gold plates and salamanders.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She can't be a bigot. Some of her closest customers are the gays.

Jezcabelle said...

So I am far away (Ohio) - yes we have our own civil union issues - on the upside i live next to the land of Cleve & we have a civil union registry going before city council this week - very joi. BUT - I'm tossing a note to thank you for sharing the Prop 8 money lines. The most American thing I can do without living there to vote on it is boycott these businesses. I'm staying out of town in hotels over the next few months a lil more frequently - you helped me not give my $ to them.
THANK YOU.