Oct 31, 2008

Ted Stevens Didn't Have A Trial In His Head


Wow, Ted Stevens, convicted last week on seven counts has a different take on the trial. This is what he said in a debate last night.
"I'm not going to step down. I have not been convicted. I have a case pending against me, and probably the worse case of prosecutorial ... misconduct by the prosecutors that is known," Stevens said. "I think you will find out, I will succeed and I'll be found innocent."
Um.
A federal jury in the District of Columbia on Monday found Stevens guilty of seven counts of failing to report about $250,000 in gifts and renovations to his home in Girdwood, Alaska, between 1999 and 2006, mostly paid for by the senator's friend, Bill Allen, chief executive of the oil-services company Veco Corp.
So....maybe it's time to put grandpa down.

1 comment:

disco modjo said...

He ate the yellow snow. We done told him not to.